General Tso's Chicken
4chicken cutlets - cut into bite size pieces
3/4 cpanko bread crumbs
1/2 tspseasoned salt
1/2 tspdry mustard
1/4 tspblack pepper
·corn oil - for frying
1/3 csoy sauce - not light
2 Tbsporange marmalade
10 ozfrozen broccoli florets - thawed
2green onions - white & green parts - chopped
How to Make General Tso's Chicken
- In a shallow dish, combine panko bread crumbs, seasoned salt, dry mustard and black pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large non stick skillet. Just enough oil to pan fry all the chicken.
- Fry chicken pieces in batches til browned on both sides!
- Remove from pan and set aside. When all the pieces are browned, drain remaining oil from skillet.
- In a small bowl mix together water, soy sauce, ketchup and orange marmalade.
- Return all the browned chicken pieces to the skillet and pour the soy sauce mixture on top. Then top with the thawed broccoli florets. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Serve over white rice with chopped green onions.