★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
4skin on boneless chicken breasts
·kosher salt and pepper
4strips fresh rosemary
4 slicesourdough bread, grilled or toasted
2 Tbspwhite wine vinegar
How to Make Garlic Roasted Chicken
- preheat oven to 425. heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat.
- season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook skin side down, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- separate the heads of the garlic into the cloves but do not peel.
- flip the chicken. add the garlic and rosemary to the skillet and transfer to the oven.
- roast until the chicken is cooked through but still moist, 15-20 minutes more.
- place the bread on a platter and top each slice with a chicken breast.
- add the vinegar to the skillet and scrape up any browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- add 3 tablespoons water and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- pour the sauce and garlic over the chicken and bread.