Garlic Butter Chicken
4boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 tspfresh ground black pepper
1 lbbaby potatoes (if larger than one inch slice in half)
1/2 cunsalted butter (1 stick)
4 cloveminced garlic
1/2 tspcrushed red pepper (or less to taste)
2 tspdried parsley
1 cshredded mozzarella
1/2 cshredded italian blend
How to Make Garlic Butter Chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Salt and pepper both side of the chicken breasts and place in single layer in casserole dish. Top with with baby potatoes.
- In large skillet melt butter over low heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant; about 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour garlic butter over chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle with half the crushed pepper and half the dried parsley.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through. Top evenly with both cheeses and the rest of the crushed pepper and dried parsley. Bake an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Turn broiler on the last minute of cooking to lightly brown the tops.
- Stay close by when the broiler is on. They are unpredictable.
Season to your taste. If you like a lot of spicy seasoning be generous with the crushed red pepper. Keep the children in mind if you are serving them. If you have a delicate palate skip the crushed red pepper and go for something more mild like rosemary or thyme.