Funeral Chicken and Rice Casserole
It is easy and a delicious meal at any time!
6chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
2 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1 can(s)cream of celery soup
1 can(s)cheddar cheese soup
1/2 can(s)cooking sherry
1/3 cmargarine, melted
2 crice, long grain (uncooked)
1 cparmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Funeral Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In large bowl: Mix together the soups,milk, cooking sherry and melted margarine.
- Butter a 9x13 baking pan. Put rice in pan. Put 2/3 of the soup mixture over the layer of rice. Stir together gently. Set aside
- Cut up the chicken breasts into cubes or strips.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the soup and rice mixture. Press down a bit. Pour the remaining soup mixture on top of the chicken breasts.
Sprinkle the cheeses on top.
Loosely cover with aluminum foil.
Bake at 275 degrees for 2hours. Remove foil. Bake additional 1/2 hour.
- *** This is brought to funnerals, church gatherings and is good anytime.
***Sometimes we add raw broccoli florets to the soup and rice mixture.
*** Sometimes we add cooked and drained broccoli florets on top as a garnish along the edges of the pan.
** This is also good with cheddar cheese or pepperjack.