Fruity O tootie chicken
Irisa Raina 9
If you like more of a kick add more chili pods…..if you like less reduce the amount by ½. This dish really needs a wee bit O kick so I would not omit the chili pods all together. Otherwise it will be way to sweet.
As for the dried chili pods you can use whatever you prefer. There are so many delicious dried chili’s out there go wild.
·7 or 8 skniless boneless chicken thighs
·2 cans vernor’s ginger ale
·¼ to ½ teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
·8 dried arbor chile pods
·1 dried ancho pepper
·1 cup dried apricots
·1cup dried prunes
·1 star anise
·1 cup water
·1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
·1 teaspoon sea salt
How to Make Fruity O tootie chicken
- When you are ready to grille the chicken, remove from the marinade. Drain off as much of the marinade as you can.
- Discard the marinade.
- Check the coals to see if you need to add a few more pieces.
- Move the chicken to the hot side of the grille and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes and then turn over the chicken and cook for about 10 minutes longer. Cooking times will depend on two things:
1.How hot your grille is.
2.How big the pieces of chicken are, so please time accordingly. Chicken should be at 165 to be fully cooked.
- This will not be a crisp chicken but very favorable.
- Sprinkle with a little coarse sea salt as soon as it comes off the grille.