Fried or Grilled Fish with Tomatillo Sauce
- as many fish fillets as you need to feed your group
- panko bread crumbs
- well beaten egg
- salt, pepper
- garlic powder
- oil for frying
- fresh tomatillos or 1 large can of canned tomatillos
- 1 can(s)
- chicken broth
- fresh jalapenos, trimmed and seeded
- 3 0r 4
- fresh limes or a small plastic bottle of real lime juice
How to Make Fried or Grilled Fish with Tomatillo Sauce
- 1dip fish fillets (or chicken) in beaten egg and roll in Panko and seasoning pressing the panko into the fillets.
- 2fry till crisp and brown, drain on paper towel
- 3While you are frying the fillets dehusk and wash then quarter the fresh tomatillos, put in a sauce pan with the chicken stock and the jalapenos
- 4Cook the tomatillos until they are tender (it won't take as long with canned tomatillos) and the jalapeno is soft carefully remove from heat and pour into a blender reserving half the liquid in the pan.
- 5Put a towel over the lid of the blender and hold firm while blending. Add more liquid as needed till you have a pourable sauce but not a thin sauce.
- 6Add the lime juice a tablespoon at a time and taste after each addition until it has a bit of a tang and you can taste the lime juice.
- 7You can serve the fish laying side by side with a trickle of Tomatillo sauce straight down the middle or you can serve it on the side and let everyone add as they like it.