1 pkggoya or other brand of plantillas
1 pkgboneless chicken breast or ground beef (whatever filling you want to put inside)
1 pkgcheese (whatever type you like)
1/2 ccooking oil or vegtable oil
2 Tbspseason salt or (whatever seasonings you prefer)
How to Make Fried Empanadas
- Clean your chicken, Or if you use Ground beef cook and drain follow same steps.
- Season with season salt(or whatever seasonings you prefer most).You can also use Sazon liquid, Sazon Adobo or garlic powder.
- Let meat you choose marinate for like 30 minutes in seasoning.
- For chicken use only a small amount of oil in frying pan to cook chicken (do not fry chicken do not coat chicken w/ flour) cook chicken to a nice meduim whitish color when middle is cooked chicken should cook for about 8-10 minutes on low-medium heat.
- While chicken is cooking prepare your Disc by using a rolling pin to flatten them out.
- Once chicken/ or meat of your choice is done let cool & then prepare your Disc with them.
- Lay Cheese of your choice onto disc & then layer your meat of choice on top of cheese (do not put to much meat or your Disc will not close properly).
- Fold disc in half over fillings. W/ a fork press sides of Disc together leaving forks marks into Disc dough ( it is helpful to have a cup of warm water to dip fork into while pressing sides closed.
- Flour both sides of disc (spread flour in a plate always makes a great & easy way to coat Plantillas Disc.
- Fill frying pan with cooking oil (vegatable oil is best) on medium heat.
- Place Plantillas into hot oil (make sure to watch each Plantillas disc will take 2-3 minutes to golden on the first side. Flip that side over onto other side which only needs to be cooked about 1 minute or until golden (make sure to keep an eye on Frying pan).
- Remove from pan let cool and enjoy your dish,Serve it up with some rice of your choice it makes a great filling meal.