Fried Chicken with Tomato & Onion
Like most of my recipes, the measurements are guesstimations, so adjust to suit your taste.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1large onion, chopped
2limes or lemons
·salt to taste
4chinese fried chicken wings (or 2 thighs)
How to Make Fried Chicken with Tomato & Onion
- To make this dish easier, I get my fried chicken from the local Chinese carry-out restaurant. It has a very light, crispy breading, perfect for this dish. Typical fried chicken has too much breading and seasoning. You can, of course, fry your own chicken, just don't use a lot of seasoning - salt and pepper will do. And, when buying my fried chicken, I will often go ahead and get rice too. When I cook my own, I prefer Basmati.
- Seed and chop the tomatoes. Chop the onions. The pieces should be about 3/4" cubes. Place in a bowl.
- Remove all meat from bones of chicken. Chop into bite-size pieces. Place in a separate bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the tomatoes and onions; salt and stir. Lower the heat and allow to simmer until the butter and juices form a sauce. (Another tablespoon of butter may be necessary.)
- Begin adding lime juice. I suggest juicing one half lime into the mixture, then stirring well and tasting. We use the juice of two limes (about 1/4 cup). (Lemons work too, but we prefer the flavor of limes.)
- When you are satisfied with the flavor of your sauce, add the chopped chicken and stir well. Remove from heat and serve over rice.