Fried chicken and onions
- 10 large
- chicken legs and thighs
- one large
- yellow onion, sliced into rings
- 4 c
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- 4 dash(es)
- hot sauce
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- vegetable oil
- one Tbsp
- chopped parsley
How to Make Fried chicken and onions
- 1in a large bowl, mix chicken, onion, buttermilk, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, hot sauce and salt
- 2cover and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- 3in a paper grocery bag, mix flour, black pepper, and a dash each of onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and salt.
- 4in a large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot. It should be deep enough to cover the chicken halfway.
- 5transfer chicken and onion rings to skillet. Be careful not to over crab.
- 6Fry, turning occasionally, for 10 to 14 minutes per side or until Golden Brown and fully cooked. Remove onion rings earlier to avoid over Browning.
- 7drain chicken and onion rings on a wire rack. Sprinkle with parsley. 300 calories per serving