1 Tbspblack pepper
2 Tbspcayenne pepper
2 tsponion powder
2 tspgarlic powder
2 tspsmoked paprika
1 Tbspdijon mustard
2 call purpose flour
8chicken, drumsticks or pieces
1 bottlevegetable or canola oil
How to Make Fried Chicken
- Mix together spices, and pour half into a gallon size ziplock bag. Pat the chicken with the other half of the spice mix. Pierce with a fork all over.
- Pour buttermilk over chicken in a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hrs.
- Pat the chicken dry, and place in the ziplock bag with the flour and the spices mixed together inside. In small batches shake the chicken until coated.
- Pour oil in fryer or dutch oven, and heat to 360F. Fill about 1/3 of the way with oil.
- Cook chicken in small batches, or the temp of the oil will drop which means a soggy crust…yuck!
- Cook for 12 – 15 min until golden brown, and the internal temp if 160F or higher. Drain on paper towels.
- If necessary you can bake in the oven if the chicken is not up to temp yet. Bake @ 325 until done. Enjoy!