- chicken drummettes ( i just buy chicken wings, and cut off the wing tip with kitchen scissors, and then twist and break the joint in the wing, and cut with kitchen shears)
- mrs. dash garlic and herb seasoning (just enough to lightly season the chicken on both sides)
- tony chachere's seasoned salt (just enough to lightly season on both sides)
- small amount of paprika (just enough to sprinkle lightly on both sides of the chicken)
- 1 c
- buttermilk in a small bowl to dredge the drummettes in
- to 4 handfuls of flour placed in a medium sized bowl to dredge the chicken in
- 1 1/2 c
- vegetable oil any brand
- 2 Tbsp
- slice a few roma tomatoes, and sprinkle with some garlic and herb seasoning, as a side dish try a broccoli salad and top off with some homemade mashed potatoes and milk gravy
TO MAKE IT GOOD:
How to Make Fried Chicken
- 2Take two bowls and fill one with 3 to 4 handfuls of flour and then put about 1 cup of buttermilk in the second bowl. Take your seasoned drummettes and dredge in the flour first, then in the buttermilk, and then a second time in the flour. Yes it get's a little messy, but messy in this case is good. Lay aside on a plate. Then lightly sprinkle on both sides with some paprika. Now you can add paprika to the flour initially if you want to or just after you do the second dredging of flour.
- 3I always use a cast iron skillet for the next part. Put about 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil in the pan and make sure the oil gets nice and hot. Once it gets hot put in your chicken, but turn down the heat some and just cook your chicken slowly. You don't have to do a lot of turning, let it get nicely brown on both sides, this takes about 20 minutes. While it is cooking you can sprinkle some additional paprika in the pan, and add 2 tablespoons of butter into the oil.