- 2 lb
- chicken-(any favorite cut)
- 2 can(s)
- campbells french onion soup
- 1 can(s)
- family size cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 c
- white wine
- 2 large
- onions, sliced very thin
- 1 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose garlic or chicken seasoning
- 2 c
- shredded swiss cheese-add more to preference!
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3 sprig(s)
- fresh thyme
How to Make FRENCH ONION CHICKEN
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Have a 13x9 glass baking dish on hand.
Season Chicken thoroughly with seasoning.
In a very large frying pan, heat Olive Oil.
- 2Sear Chicken in small batches in Olive oil until Golden Brown and place in 13x9 baking dish.
In the same frying pan, reduce heat and SLOWLY caramelize sliced onions. (add more oil if needed) When almost golden, add Garlic(if added too early, the garlic may burn). Add onions to chicken in 13x9 dish covering completely.
- 3Add the frying pan back to the heat and deglaze the pan with white wine. This will bring up all of the flavorful bits from the chicken and onions and is very important to this dish.
Add all cans of soup, fresh thyme and whisk to combine. Pour mixture over chicken and onions.
Bake 40 minutes.
Remove from oven, top with shredded swiss cheese. return dish to oven and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.