By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 2.5 lb
- "just a pinch" of salt
- "just a pinch" of pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley, chopped
- 1/2 c
- olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
How to Make Florentine Chicken
- 1Cut chicken into 14 to 16 small pieces or ask butcher to do so. Wash and dry pieces thoroughly.
- 2Place chicken pieces in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley. Add oil and lemon juice; mix well.
- 3Let stand 2 to 3 hours.
- 4Beat eggs with salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- 5Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Coat chicken lightly with flour. Dip into beaten eggs; let excess egg drip off.
- 6Pour oil 2 inches deep in a large saucepan of deep-fryer. Heat oil to 375, or until a 1-inch cube of bread turns golden brown after 1 minute.
- 7Fry chicken pieces 10 to 12 minutes or until golden on all sides. Drain on paper towels.
- 8Place chicken pieces on a warm platter, sprinkle lightly with salt. Serve immediately.