Fireman Bob's Dutch Oven Chicken
- 10 large
- chicken - roasting pieces
- 2 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 4 Tbsp
- 3 1/2 tsp
- curry powder
- whole apple - chopped fine
- large onion - chopped fine
- 1 1/2 c
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- red pepper flakes
How to Make Fireman Bob's Dutch Oven Chicken
- 1In sauce pan, melt butter, saute curry powder, apples, and onions until onions are transparent.
In a separate bowl, combine soup and cream and mix together.
Combine the Curry,Apple,and Onion mixture and stir and blend with the soup and cream, blend well...
- 2While sauteing the mixture, rinse and pat dry the chicken pieces Salt and Paprika the chicken and place in large Dutch Oven. Pour the sauce mixture over chicken covering all the chicken.
- 3Cook in Dutch Oven at 200 degrees for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
I use Kingsford Charcoal, it cooks great and stays hotter longer.
I cover the top of the Dutch Oven with one layer of coals and under the Dutch Oven, I place one layer also...
You will become familiar with the " heat " of the coals and will be able to keep the temperature where it needs to be...