Filipino Adobo Chicken
- 3 lb
- chicken (any part of your choice)
- 1/2 c
- soy sauce, dark
- 1/2 Tbsp
- black pepper or black peppercorns (crushed a bit)
- 1 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 7 clove
- 1 medium
- dried bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp
- white vinegar
- 1 tsp
- ginger roots (optional) this gets rid of the chickeny smell and makes it tastier
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth (optional) use if you want it with a little more sauce or gets a little dry.
How to Make Filipino Adobo Chicken
- 1In medium heat and pot, sautee chicken, ginger, and garlic in oil. Lower the heat and cover the pot and simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken juice out. Do not add water unless it gets a little dry. You may use about 1/2 cup of chicken broth instead.
- 2Add the rest of the ingredients, cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- 3Soy Sauce evaporates easily so constantly check it while it's simmering and it should be salty enough but you may use salt to taste.
- 4Serve with white rice.