Feather Dumpling's for Chicken & Dumpling's
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 10 c
- chicken stock, or 10 small chicken boullion cubes w/ 10 cups water
- parsley flakes
- 1 stalk(s)
- celery chopped
- 1/2 medium
- onion chopped
- 2 c
- self-rising flour
- 1/4 Tbsp
- eggs, well beaten
- 3 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 2/3 c
How to Make Feather Dumpling's for Chicken & Dumpling's
- 1In a large pot boil chicken in chicken stock or add 8 chicken boullion cubes and parsley, onion, and celery to water to add some flavor. When done, take chicken out and shred and return to pot.
- 2Dumplings: In a large bowl, sift dry ingredients. Add egg, melted butter and enought milk to make a moist stiff batter. Drop by small teaspoons into the boiling chicken stock. Reduce heat, cover tightly and cook 18 minutes.
- 3Some people like to eat like a stew in a bowl, but we like them with mashed potatoes and a vegetable. The stock thickens to make gravy for the potatoes. Enjoy!
- 4Just an added note: AFTER the dumplings have cooked, I recently added a can of cream of mushroom soup mixed with a packet of McCormick's chicken gravy. (Make sure you wait until the dumplings are done.) I gently added it between the dumplings. Stir gently and it made the creamiest gravy we have ever had. My husband and grandson just raved that this was the best chicken and dumplings I had ever made.