Favorite Mexican Restaurant Enchilada Suizas
- 1/2 c
- onion, finely minced
- 1 - 2 clove
- garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 c
- 2 c
- chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/2 - 1 can(s)
- chopped mild green chilis
- 1 pkg
- (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened (optional)ed
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp
- chicken bouillon cubes, crumbled
- paprika, a few dashes
- corn tortillas
- 3/4 c
- 3/4 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 1 and 1/2 c
- monterey jack cheese, grated
How to Make Favorite Mexican Restaurant Enchilada Suizas
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Saute onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until tender, about 1 minute. Combine with chicken, parsley and chopped green chilis. I like to add a tablespoon or so of cream cheese to each enchilada; I just spread it down the middle. Set aside.
- 3Combine flour, bouillon cube and paprika in a small saucepan. Stir in milk; cook over medium-high heat and stir until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in the cream and 1/2 cup of cheese. Stir until cheese is melted, then set aside.
- 4Heat remaining oil in medium skillet. Heat each tortilla in oil until soft, 30 seconds or so. Dip each tortilla in the cream sauce.
- 5Place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; fold in sides to form enchilada. Place in baking dish.
- 6Top with remaining sauce, then cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Uncover, and bake for an additional 15 minutes to allow cheese to melt. But check often so it doesn't burn! I hope you all enjoy this!