Famous Lemon And Basil Chicken1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·pepper to taste
4fresh basil leaves
4garlic cloves, crushed
1 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Famous Lemon And Basil Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper and arrange skin side up.
- Loosen the skin from each chicken breast and slip a basil leaf between the skin and the meat.
- Add the garlic to the baking dish.
- Place a slice of lemon on top of each piece of chicken.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Bake, basting occasionally with pan juices and turning the chicken and the baking dish occasionally so the chicken browns evenly, 35 to 40 minutes.
- To serve, place a browned lemon slice and garlic clove on top of each portion of chicken.