Family Pleasing Chicken Paprika
4boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 mediumonion, chopped (walla walla or vidalia preferred)
1 1/2 cchicken broth
2 Tbspsweet hungarian paprika, more to taste
1/2 cwhite wine
1 Tbspcornstarch (more if needed to achieve desired thickness)
1/2 ccold water, to mix starch
1 1/2 Tbspgarlic powder (i use minced frequently, but will cause chunkier gravy)
2 Tbspcanola oil
1/2 csour cream
How to Make Family Pleasing Chicken Paprika
- Cube chicken into 1-2 inch chunks- as desired.
- In a deep skillet, brown chicken breasts with oil, garlic and pepper.
- Once cooked, add onions and cook for 2 minutes, stirring lightly.
- Add paprika (at least 2 tbsp -more to taste) and the chicken broth.
- Bring to a rolling bubble, add wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a cup on the side, mix cold water and cornstarch completely.
- Spoon mixture into simmering chicken, stirring until desired thickness is achieved.
- Cook for at least 5 more minutes to cook out the starch taste.
- When ready to serve, remove from heat and stir in the sour cream, enough to achieve the creaminess desired.
- Serve over your favorite pasta(egg noodles, cavatappi, penne), mashed potatoes or rice. Enjoy!! :)