Fajitas, Fajitas, Oh Bless Me!
- 1 lb
- chicken breast or top sirloin cut in strips
- 2-3 Tbsp
- my mexican seasoning or store bought
- bell pepper (any color or combo) sliced
- 1 large
- onion, sliced in small wedges the long way
- 3 Tbsp
- lime (juice of)
- flour tortillas
- assorted toppings--pico de gallo, cheese of any type, sour cream, avocado, black olives
How to Make Fajitas, Fajitas, Oh Bless Me!
- 1Heat oil in a saute pan and when hot, dump in the meat separating it. Add your spices (combination of chili pepper, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, coriander, oregano, cumin) Stir until meat is nicely coated as it cooks. Cook fast and until done (especially if using chicken)
- 2When meat is done, remove to a separate serving dish, and cover to keep warm. Place your peppers and onions in, and cook fast, until tender crisp. (They will pick up plenty of the seasonings.)
- 3While the meat and veggies are cooking, get the tortillas. If using electic burners, get tongs and heat up a burner to hot. Place each tortilla on the burner,being ready to flip when it starts to smoke. Turn, and remove when that side smokes. When done, place in foil and set in a 200 oven to keep warm.
- 4Serve when the veggies are done. Squeeze a good 2 tbsp of lime juice over the meat. Set out all your toppings. Please see my Pico de Gallo recipe for a nice fresh salsa. Otherwise, add toppings that you like.