EZ-CHEEZY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbspsalted/sweet butter
1 can(s)ro-tel with cilantro
1 [8-oz] pkgcream cheese [cubed, then softened]
2/3 csour cream
2 2/3 c[regular shred] monterey jack cheese [divided]
2 to 3 ccooked/shredded chicken
8 to 10 c[8-in] flour tortillas
2 to 3 cheavy whipping cream [divided]
1/4 csliced black olives [optional]
2 to 3sliced green onions
How to Make EZ-CHEEZY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- Preheat oven @ 350-degrees. Coat 9x13 glass baking dish with PAM. Drizzle 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream in dish, tilt to coat bottom of dish, and set aside.
- Melt butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add Ro-Tel; saute 1 minute. Add cream cheese, sour cream, 2/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese, and chicken...stir constantly until cheese melts.
- Spread equal amount of cheese/chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up each tortilla and place in dish, seam side down. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top of enchiladas, and drizzle evenly with remaining whipping cream. Cover with a foil 'tent' and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove foil, sprinkle with black olives/green onion, and bake for another 15 minutes, or 'til top is golden. Enjoy with fresh cut fruit salad, refried beans, and homemade Mexican rice!
- If you prefer a lower calorie version of this recipe, try using 'light' or 'fat-free' cheese & sour cream, and half-n-half! Our family prefers "as is" in this recipe, so we don't know how it turns out in a 'lighter' version!