EZ-CHEEZY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- 2 Tbsp
- salted/sweet butter
- 1 [8-oz] pkg
- cream cheese [cubed, then softened]
- 2/3 c
- sour cream
- 2 2/3 c
- [regular shred] monterey jack cheese [divided]
- 2 to 3 c
- cooked/shredded chicken
- 8 to 10
- [8-in] flour tortillas
- 2 to 3 c
- heavy whipping cream [divided]
- 1/4 c
- sliced black olives [optional]
- 2 to 3
- sliced green onions [optional]
How to Make EZ-CHEEZY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- 1Preheat oven @ 350-degrees. Coat 9x13 glass baking dish with PAM. Drizzle 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream in dish, tilt to coat bottom of dish, and set aside.
- 2Melt butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add Ro-Tel; saute 1 minute. Add cream cheese, sour cream, 2/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese, and chicken...stir constantly until cheese melts.
- 3Spread equal amount of cheese/chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up each tortilla and place in dish, seam side down. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top of enchiladas, and drizzle evenly with remaining whipping cream. Cover with a foil 'tent' and bake for 30 minutes.
- 4Remove from oven, remove foil, sprinkle with black olives/green onion, and bake for another 15 minutes, or 'til top is golden. Enjoy with fresh cut fruit salad, refried beans, and homemade Mexican rice!
- 5If you prefer a lower calorie version of this recipe, try using 'light' or 'fat-free' cheese & sour cream, and half-n-half! Our family prefers "as is" in this recipe, so we don't know how it turns out in a 'lighter' version!