Escalope of Chicken
- 8 oz
- fresh mozzarella, cut into half-inch slices
- 1/4 c
- freshly grated parmesan
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- italian bread crumbs
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- shallots, minced
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb
- cherry tomatoes
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh basil, chopped
FOR THE CHICKEN
FOR THE SAUCE
How to Make Escalope of Chicken
- 1Season the flour with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet with about a half-inch of olive oil to medium-high heat.
- 2Once the oil is hot, toss chicken breasts in flour to coat. Shake off excess and dip in egg wash, then roll in breadcrumbs. Lay each into the oil, and fry for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove chicken and place on paper towels to drain.
- 3Heat olive oil in heavy pan or skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- 4Add tomatoes and dried basil. Allow tomatoes to soften, another 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Heat the oven to 400 degrees. On a lightly greased baking sheet, place each chicken breast, and top with the tomato sauce. Top with mozzarella, and the Parmesan cheese, drizzle with olive oil to prevent drying out.
- 6Bake on center rack for about 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and chicken is cooked through.
- 7Serve garnished with fresh basil. Serves 4. Serve with fried potatoes seasoned with salt, black pepper & red pepper flakes, Red shard, wilted in just a bit of olive oil with salt, black pepper and minced garlic.