- 3 c
- cooked, shredded/chopped boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 can(s)
- (28 oz.) or 2 cans (15 oz. each) mild red enchilada sauce
- 8 oz
- container sour cream
- 12 oz
- can of evaporated milk
- 2 c
- (8oz.) shredded cheddar
- 4 oz
- can of diced green chilies, undrained (optional)
- 7” corn tortillas
How to Make Enchilada-zagna
- 1PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 2COMBINE enchilada sauce and sour cream in medium bowl. Combine evaporated milk, cheese and chilies in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese has melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- 3SPREAD 1-cup enchilada sauce mixture on bottom of prepared baking dish. Layer with 4 tortillas, 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture, 1 1/2 cups chicken, 1 cup cheese sauce; repeat layers one more time, starting with tortillas. Top casserole with remaining tortillas, enchilada sauce mixture and cheese sauce. Cover with foil.
- 4BAKE for 40-45 minutes. Uncover; cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
** Substitute taco mix seasoned ground beef for the chicken OR use a deli rotisserie chicken OR leftover Thanksgiving turkey in place of all chicken breast.