Enchilada Casserole MMB
1 lbground beef, cooked chicken or cooked turkey
1/2onion chopped fine
1 can(s)chili beans (or black beans rinsed), 16 oz
1 Tbspchili powder
8 ozcheddar cheese, shredded
8 ozMonterey jack cheese, shredded (or pepper jack)
2 can(s)red enchilada sauce, 10 oz each
How to Make Enchilada Casserole MMB
- Brown the beef and onion together. Drain off the fat. Add beans and spices (you can adjust as desired).
- Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
- You're going to make two layers in total. First, add tortillas to the baking dish.
- Pour a layer of meat on top of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers ending with cheese.
- Cover with enchilada sauce. You may not use all of the second can of enchilada sauce. You want it moist, but not soupy. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes covered with foil.
- Remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes to brown the cheese.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving. Freezes well before or after cooking.