Enchilada Casserole MMB
- 1 lb
- ground beef, cooked chicken or cooked turkey
- onion chopped fine
- 1 can(s)
- chili beans (or black beans rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp
- each: chili powder, cumin, paprika
- corn tortillas
- 8 oz
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz
- monterey jack cheese, shredded (or pepper jack)
- 2 can(s)
- red enchilada sauce
How to Make Enchilada Casserole MMB
- 1Brown the beef and onion together, drain off the fat. Add beans and spices (you can adjust as desired).
- 2Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan, make 2 layers of meat, tortillas, cheese, enchilada sauce,tortilla, ending with the cheese. Cover with enchilada sauce.
Note: You may not use all of the second can of enchilada sauce. You want it moist, but not soupy.
- 3Bake at 350 for 40 minutes covered with foil. Remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes to brown the cheese.
- 4Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
Freezes well before or after cooking.