★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- salsa verde or more if you prefer
- 1/2 c
- sour cream or more if you prefer
- white corn tortillas, or yellow if you like
- evoo - olive oil
- 2 c
- shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp
- 1 to 2 tb of butter
- 1 c
- chopped white onion
- diced jalapenos deseeded or not
- 1 c
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic or more if you like :)
How to Make EnchilaChiquiles
- 1Heat oven to 350º F Spray a 2QT casserole dish with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix salsa verde and sour cream, set it aside. Shred the cheese, set that aside too.
- 2Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the onion, jalapenos, mushrooms, sauté until the veggies are a little translucent approximately 3 minutes. Add the minced garlic, sauté until the garlic gives off its scent, about 2-3 minutes, don't over cook it. Set the mixture aside in a bowl.
- 3Wipe the pan out with a paper towel. Add enough EVOO to the pan to cover the bottom; it doesn’t have to be extra virgin. Heat the pan over med-high, when the oil is shimmering place a tortilla into the pan and fry until it is pliable but not crunchy. Place it onto a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the oil.
- 4Quickly dip a tortilla into the salsa mixture; don’t let it get soggy. Place it flat into the pre-sprayed casserole dish; add some shredded chicken, a tablespoon or two of the sautéed veggies, cheese, and a little sauce. Eyeball the measurements to get equal parts of everything in them using all of the fillings. Roll the tortilla from one end overlapping to the other, place seam side down in a single layer next to each other.
- 5Use a rubber spatula to scrape the remaining salsa over the bed of “EnchilaChiquiles” spread the sauce to cover the tortilla edges. Top with the remaining cheese, add more if you like. Me likey! Me likey! ;)
- 6Bake about 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the top is golden brown MM-Hmmm! Let it stand 5 minutes before serving with a green salad. Do another dollop of sour cream if you like and Enjoy!!