Easy Weekday Chicken & Rice
Quick & easy, and the creamy flavor is just wonderful. Perfect for a quick weekday meal.
This ends up being a very inexpensive meal! I catch the Rice-a-Roni on sale in the grocery store, and I used leftover meat from a small roasting chicken that I had cooked the day before in my crockpot. It was so tender it was just falling off the bones!
- 1 pkg
- rice-a-roni herb & butter flavor
- 1 can(s)
- whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium
- green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large
- sweet onion, chopped
- 2 c
- chicken, cooked, cut up into small pieces (or, you can use turkey or pork, if you prefer. i used leftover crockpot chicken)
- 1 tsp
- parsley flakes
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder (i used adobo brand)
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Easy Weekday Chicken & Rice
- 1In a large skillet, saute the onions & peppers in olive oil & with the garlic & parsley until just softened. Set aside.
- 2In the same skillet, prepare the Rice-a-Roni, as per the directions on the box.
- 3When the Rice is ready, add in the onions, peppers, corn & chicken.
- 4Stir & heat through. Serve & enjoy!