Easy Turkey Pot Pie
1 boxpillsbury pie crusts, softened as directed on box
1/2 cchopped onion
1/2 tspground black pepper
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can(s)cream of celery soup, undiluted
1 cpotatoes, diced
2 1/2 ccooked turkey or chicken, cubed
1 pkg(16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
How to Make Easy Turkey Pot Pie
- Heat oven to 425F.
- Place one pie crust in a 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In a 3-qt sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently until tender.
- Gradually stir in both cans of soup and heat until bubbling. Add salt and pepper and stir until well blended. Remove from heat.
- Place diced potatoes in microwaveable bowl and add just enough water to cover. Place a paper towel over the bowl and microwave for @ 6 minutes. Remove from microwave, drain and add to soup mixture.
- Add turkey, or chicken and mixed vegetables. Stir to combine well.
- Heat again until warm; ladel into crust-lined pie plate and top with second pie crust.
- Seal and crimp the crust edge. Cut several 2-inch slits in top of crust to release steam.
- Bake for 1 hour or until crust is golden brown. During the last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover the edge of crust with foil to keep it from browning too much.
- Let stand for @ 10 minutes before serving.