★★★★★ 2 votes5
10 ozpackage of tyson's popcorn chicken
1 1/2 cquick cooking long grain rice
8 ozcanned pineapple chunks
1 largegreen pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 Tbspsoy sauce
1/2 tspinstant chicken bouillon granules
8 ozcan sliced water chestnuts, drained
How to Make Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken with Rice
- Bake chicken according to package directions.
- Prepare quick rice according to package directions.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to reserved juice to make 1 1/2 cups liquid.
- Pour pineapple juice mixture in medium saucepan. Add green pepper. Bring to a boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender.
- Stir in vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce and bouillon granules.
- Stir into mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, then cook and stir for 2 minutes longer.
- Gently stir in chicken, pineapple chunks, and water chestnuts. Heat through.
- Serve chicken mixture over hot rice.