Easy Poached Chicken Breasts
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
You can use as many breasts as you'd like. I usually poach 4 at a time.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1carrot, cut up
1onion, cut up
1 stalk(s)celery, cut up
How to Make Easy Poached Chicken Breasts
- Bring 2 quarts water to boil in large saucepan.
- Add carrot, onion, celery, peppercorns, cloves and parsley.
- Add chicken breasts. Bring to boil again. Cover tightly, reduce heat to low and cook without lifting lid for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool in cooking liquid. Keep covered.
- Lift chicken from liquid, remove bones and skin and use as directed in recipe.
- If desired, make chicken stock with the poaching liquid.
Return bones to saucepan and bring liquid to boil again.
- Cover, reduce heat and let simmer 3-4 hours. Cool.