EASY OVEN BARBECUED CHICKEN
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- pepper, ground black
- 1/2 Tbsp
- chicken rub, your favorite (i use mccormick's grill mates)
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 3 large
- chicken leg quarters
- 1-1 1/2 c
- barbecue sauce, your favorite (i use john boy & billy's original)
How to Make EASY OVEN BARBECUED CHICKEN
- 2Remove and discard any excessive fat from chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Rub most of the salt mixture between skin and meat of each chicken piece (all sides of both thighs and legs;) rub remainder on top of skin.
- 5In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium/medium high heat.
- 11Place chicken back in the oven, uncovered; increase heat to 400ºF; bake for 15 minutes; remove from oven.
- 13Place chicken back in the oven, uncovered; bake for another 15 minutes; remove from oven.