EASY OVEN BARBECUED CHICKEN
1 1/2 tspsalt
1/4 tsppepper, ground black
1/2 Tbspchicken rub, your favorite (i use mccormick's grill mates)
3 Tbspvegetable oil
3 largechicken leg quarters
1-1 1/2 cbarbecue sauce, your favorite (i use john boy & billy's original)
How to Make EASY OVEN BARBECUED CHICKEN
- Remove and discard any excessive fat from chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub most of the salt mixture between skin and meat of each chicken piece (all sides of both thighs and legs;) rub remainder on top of skin.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium/medium high heat.
- Place chicken back in the oven, uncovered; increase heat to 400ºF; bake for 15 minutes; remove from oven.
- Place chicken back in the oven, uncovered; bake for another 15 minutes; remove from oven.