★★★★★ 1 vote5
10whole chicken wings (or 20 wing pieces)
·coarse sea salt and pepper to taste
1 chot sauce
How to Make Easy Naked Sweet N Spicy Wings
- Cut tips from wings and cut into sections if you desire. Season wings with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook in a 500 degree F oven for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- While wings are cooking, in a large chicken fryer heat hot sauce and honey, once well mixed, add butter.
- Take wings out of oven and place in pan with sauce and let simmer. Let reduce down until it caramelizes. Take wings out of pan and place back on baking sheet and then return to the oven for 10 minutes or until wings have caramelized and skin has crisped.
- UPDATE: New lighter, healthier version!!
Eliminate the butter, mix hot sauce and honey well in a bowl and brush on the wings after they've cooked for 20 minutes. Place the wings back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so until you see the wings browning and caramelizing.
As always, it's more important that your foods reach the proper temperature, regardless of a recipes listed cook times. Your wings should have an internal temperature of 160˚ F when you remove them from the oven and an internal temperature of 165˚ F once rested.