Easy Mexican Casserole
1 lbground beef, ground turkey, or shredded chicken
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1 pkgcream cheese, cubed
1 mediumonion, chopped
1/2 mediumgreen and red bell pepper, chopped
2garlic cloves, finely minced
2 cshredded cheddar cheese (or any kind or mix)
·salt and pepper, to taste
1tomato, chopped (or a 15oz can, drained)
1/2 cchives, finely chopped (reserve some for garnish)
3 slicebacon, crumbled (reserve some for garnish)
1 can(s)any style beans, drained and/or corn (optional)
How to Make Easy Mexican Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large skillet, season with salt and pepper and brown the ground beef with the garlic, onions, some of the chives and peppers (reserving some for garnish).
- Drain the meat and add the cream of chicken soup, cream cheese and sour cream; stirring frequently until everything is incorporated.
- Remove from heat; in a baking dish, layer the meat mixture first, then tomatoes, cheese, chives, bacon and two tortillas. Repeat layers until all the mixture is used. On the top, add more cheese, peppers tomatoes and bacon.
- Place into preheated 350 degree oven until cheese is melted, about 6-8 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 mins (this will prevent the casserole from falling apart when plating).
- Tips; If you want to make it spicy, you can add jalapeños or 1/2 a cup of spicy chunky salsa.