Easy Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
The ability to build your own allows for each friend or family member to create their own specialty quesadillas.
We make this for our family (of 6), but have also made for parties with great success!
We make whole quesadillas, however, you can create half a quesadilla if you prefer a smaller portion or for appetizers.
- 1 lb
- chicken breast or chicken breast tenderloin
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix (your favorite)
- 1/3 c
- veggie oil
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- soft taco shells, medium size
- your favorite taco/quesadilla toppings
- 4 c
- cheddar cheese (mild, sharp or mexi mix)
How to Make Easy Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
- 1Flatten chicken breasts with a meat mallet to make them even (for easier and faster grilling). Cutting into strips (or using chicken tenderloins) allows for faster grilling and shredding time.
- 2Mix taco seasoning with the veggie oil, water and garlic powder.
- 3Place chicken into a zip lock bag and cover with taco seasoning marinade. Seal.
- 4Place into fridge and marinade 1/2 hour to up to 24 hours.
- 5Grill marinaded chicken until done.
- 6Once cool enough to handle, shred chicken with your fingers.
- 7Lay a soft taco shell flat on a plate or cookie sheet. Add cheese and chicken.
- 8At this point, you can add whatever other toppings you like on your quesadillas such as jalapeno peppers, sauteed onions, hot sauce, olives, bacon, salsa, etc.
- 9Top with a little more cheese (this acts as a glue) and add another soft taco shell to the top. Grill to desired crispness.