Easy Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
The ability to build your own allows for each friend or family member to create their own specialty quesadillas.
We make this for our family (of 6), but have also made for parties with great success!
We make whole quesadillas, however, you can create half a quesadilla if you prefer a smaller portion or for appetizers.
1 lbchicken breast or chicken breast tenderloin
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix (your favorite)
1/3 cveggie oil
1/2 tspgarlic powder
12soft taco shells, medium size
·your favorite taco/quesadilla toppings
4 ccheddar cheese (mild, sharp or mexi mix)
How to Make Easy Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
- Flatten chicken breasts with a meat mallet to make them even (for easier and faster grilling). Cutting into strips (or using chicken tenderloins) allows for faster grilling and shredding time.
- Mix taco seasoning with the veggie oil, water and garlic powder.
- Place chicken into a zip lock bag and cover with taco seasoning marinade. Seal.
- Place into fridge and marinade 1/2 hour to up to 24 hours.
- Grill marinaded chicken until done.
- Once cool enough to handle, shred chicken with your fingers.
- Lay a soft taco shell flat on a plate or cookie sheet. Add cheese and chicken.
- At this point, you can add whatever other toppings you like on your quesadillas such as jalapeno peppers, sauteed onions, hot sauce, olives, bacon, salsa, etc.
- Top with a little more cheese (this acts as a glue) and add another soft taco shell to the top. Grill to desired crispness.