Easy Fried Chicken Cutlets
How to Make Easy Fried Chicken Cutlets
- Wash and dry chicken cutlets and salt and pepper both sides.
- I use 3 large soup bowls but you can use 2 sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap and 1 bowl for the egg wash.
- Place the flour in one bowl or on the piece of plastic wrap.
- Beat the 2 eggs with 2 tablespoons of water in a bowl and set next to the flour.
- Mix the crushed saltines and crushed cornflakes together in a bowl or on a piece of waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- Line up the breading ingredients in this order - flour - egg mixture - saltines and cornflake mixture.
- Take each seasoned chicken cutlet and first dip and coat with the flour. Next put the floured cutlet in the egg mixture and turn to coat. I do this with a fork. Hold up a few seconds to let excess egg drip off. Then place in the saltine cornflake mixture and coat well pressing the coating into the cutlet with your hands. Helpful Hint: I find it easiest to just put the egg washed cutlet into the center of the pile of the saltine mixture and take a big handful of crumbs and sprinkle on the top of the cutlet. This will prevent a lot of crumbs sticking to your fingers instead of the cutlet. Now just press the crumbs into the cutlet and turn and press until completely coated. Continue until all cutlets are breaded. If you run out of any of the 3 breading ingredients just add more flour, an egg and one more tablespoon of water, and more crumb mixture.
- Pour half of the oil into a large frying pan or just enough to cover the bottom. Heat oil on medium heat until a crumb dropped in starts to sizzle. Fry each cutlet until golden on one side and flip with tongs to fry the other side. When done, place on paper towels to absorb excess oil. Place in a warm 200 degree oven to keep warm until all cutlets are fried. Serve with your choice of sides.