Easy Elegant Cordon Bleu
Anyway, this recipe was discovered in some obscure cookbook by three of my students in 1981 or 1982. I still remember who they were: Brian Beesler, Teri Lyn Stark and Wendy Curtis. They made it, I loved it and I've made it ever since. SO easy and always impressive to whoever you have over to dinner. Thanks, Brian, Teri Lyn and Wendy!
THIS RECIPE FOR ONE SERVING. You multiply for however many you want to make.
I serve this with sauteed mushrooms, wild rice, a crossaint or good roll and a spinach salad. SO GOOD!
- boneless, skinless chicken breast
- slice of your favortie ham....can be deli
- slice of good swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- cream cheese
- slices thick bacon
- 1 c
- fresh mushrooms...your favorite variety
- 2 Tbsp
- real butter, please
- box of wild and brown rice mix, prepared according to package direcctions
How to Make Easy Elegant Cordon Bleu
- 1Put Chicken breast between to pieces of plastic wrap.
Pound with side of regular meat mallot until about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. If it falls apart a bit...don't worry....you can stick it back together later. Remove plastic wrap.
- 2Lay the piece of ham on top of pounded chicken breast.
- 3Lay a piece of swiss cheese on top of ham.
- 4Put a chunk (about 2 Tbsp) of cream cheese at the most narrow end of the chicken breast.
- 5Roll all layers together (starting at the end where you placed the chunk of cream cheese) and secure by wrapping two slices of thick bacon around and around it. You don't have to secure it....just put part with ends on bottom.
- 6Place in a baking pan (size depends on how many individual servings you are going to be making).
- 7Bake at 375 until chicken is cooked. A fork inserted into it, should release fairly easily.
Cooking time....estimated 45 min. or a bit more. Bacon will be crisp. Don't overcook or the chicken will become dry.
- 8While Cordon Bleu is in oven cooking, wash, slice and sautee fresh mushrooms in a little butter (again, depending on how many servings you want).
- 9Serve cooked Cordon Blue immediately after you remove from oven with sauteed mushrooms and Wild and Brown Rice as a side dish.