Easy Egg Drop soup
How to Make Easy Egg Drop soup
- 1Combine the broth, water, and salt in a large sauce pan and put on stove at medium heat.
- 2Add garlic powder, ginger, and chives. In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch and about 1/3-1/2 cup of water and set aside.
- 3When the broth is just starting to boil, add the green onions and lower the heat by a few degrees (you don't want it to reach full boiling).
- 4In a large cup or cereal bowl, crack the eggs and break all the yolks with a fork or whisk, then drop the contents into the broth.
- 5stir broth a little vigorously so the eggs don't clump together.
- 6Remember that cornstarch mixture we set aside? Mix it a bit if the starch separated from the water then add that to the broth and stir for about 2-3 min.
- 7Let it simmer until it's a light cloudy golden yellow colour, then separate and serve. Enjoy!