Easy Egg Drop soup
How to Make Easy Egg Drop soup
- Combine the broth, water, and salt in a large sauce pan and put on stove at medium heat.
- Add garlic powder, ginger, and chives. In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch and about 1/3-1/2 cup of water and set aside.
- When the broth is just starting to boil, add the green onions and lower the heat by a few degrees (you don't want it to reach full boiling).
- In a large cup or cereal bowl, crack the eggs and break all the yolks with a fork or whisk, then drop the contents into the broth.
- stir broth a little vigorously so the eggs don't clump together.
- Remember that cornstarch mixture we set aside? Mix it a bit if the starch separated from the water then add that to the broth and stir for about 2-3 min.
- Let it simmer until it's a light cloudy golden yellow colour, then separate and serve. Enjoy!