Easy Chicken Verde Quesadillas
This easy dish really does prove that simple is often best. My family loves Mexican food and this is a great way to quickly whip-up a hunger-satisfying snack. Sometimes there's just no need to over-complicate things in the kitchen.
I have a real fondness for salsa verde and used Reta Smith's recipe for it in this dish. If you haven't tried it yet, I suggest you give it a go. It really does add a unique, fresh flavor that can't be beat. I also used rotisserie chicken in this recipe to make preparation a breeze.
- 2 c
- shredded chicken (i used leftovers)
- 1 pkg
- flour tortillas
- 1/2 c
- salsa verde
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 2 c
- your favorite shredded cheese
How to Make Easy Chicken Verde Quesadillas
- 1Preheat a large skillet over med heat.
- 2Brush tortilla with vegetable oil, place oil side down in skillet.
- 3Sprinkle tortilla with some of the cheese and the chicken, add several dollops of salsa verde, cover with another tortilla and brush top with vegetable oil.
- 4When bottom tortilla browns and crisps up, carefully flip and brown other side. Repeat until you use all tortillas.