Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 can(s)
- refrigerated crescent rolls
- 5 c
- cooked cubed chicken
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken herb-seasoned soup
- 2 can(s)
- veg-all, drained
- 1 c
- half and half
- 2 dash(es)
- salt and pepper
How to Make Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 1To use fresh chicken, cook pieces (breasts, thighs, legs) in simmering water for 45 minutes. Let cool, remove from bone and chop into large cubes. If using a rotisserie chicken, just remove meat from bones and chop until you have about 5 cups.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (Some cooks find that 375 degrees works better if you like the bottom crust really done. You can adjust cooking time to suit your tastes.)
- 6Bake at 350 degrees about 35 - 40 minutes, until crust is golden brown and filling is hot and bubbly. If crust browns too quickly, cover top with foil, and/or reduce oven to 325 degrees.
- 7Allow to cool 5 minutes or so before cutting into serving pieces. Good served by itself, or with my Sunshine Broccoli Salad recipe.
- 8NOTE: if cooking your own chicken, see my Homemade Chicken Stock recipe for something to do with the leftover cooking water.