Easy Chicken Pot Pie
2 can(s)refrigerated crescent rolls
5 ccooked cubed chicken
1 can(s)cream of chicken herb-seasoned soup
2 can(s)veg-all, drained
1 chalf and half
2 dash(es)salt and pepper
How to Make Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- To use fresh chicken, cook pieces (breasts, thighs, legs) in simmering water for 45 minutes. Let cool, remove from bone and chop into large cubes. If using a rotisserie chicken, just remove meat from bones and chop until you have about 5 cups.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (Some cooks find that 375 degrees works better if you like the bottom crust really done. You can adjust cooking time to suit your tastes.)
- Bake at 350 degrees about 35 - 40 minutes, until crust is golden brown and filling is hot and bubbly. If crust browns too quickly, cover top with foil, and/or reduce oven to 325 degrees.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes or so before cutting into serving pieces. Good served by itself, or with my Sunshine Broccoli Salad recipe.
- NOTE: if cooking your own chicken, see my Homemade Chicken Stock recipe for something to do with the leftover cooking water.