Easy Chicken Parmesan
- medium boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2
- cups cornflake crumbs
- tsp. garlic powder
- heaping tsp. italian seasoning
- tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- oz. can crushed tomatoes
- rounded tsp. garlic powder
- rounded tsp. dried oregano
- tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2
- tsp. salt
How to Make Easy Chicken Parmesan
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare sauce and simmer for a few minutes to blend flavors.
Clean chicken and pound out to desired thickness. Whisk eggs in a large bowl or pie plate. Place cornflake crumbs in a pie plate and add spices and cheese; mix thoroughly. Dip chicken pieces in egg and then the cornflake mixture. Place in 13x9 baking pan and bake for 35 minutes or until meat measures 160-165 degrees.
- 2Spread sauce that has been simmering over the top of each piece of chicken. Put 2 slices of Provolone cheese on top of that and place back in oven under the broiler until cheese is melted. Be sure the cheese does not brown.
- 3NOTE: I have fried the chicken and baked it, both. I really prefer it fried but bake it since it is easier to know when the meat is done correctly. If you fry it, make sure to use a good cooking oil such as avocado oil.