Easy Chicken Marsala
I hope you try this and enjoy as much as my hubby and I do!
- chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 c
- marsala wine
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- dried oregano and chopped chives (each) or to your taste.
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- low salt chicken stock or broth
- 4 Tbsp
- butter (1/2 stick) salted
- 2 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper or to taste
- 1 pkg
- 16 oz your favorite egg noodles, cooked
- 1 box
- already sliced mushrooms-about 8 oz
- onion, sliced
How to Make Easy Chicken Marsala
- 1Pour flour in bowl and add oregano,salt and pepper. Blend together with a fork. Coat each cutlet with the flour mixture
- 2In a pan with melted butter and olive oil mixed together, brown each piece of chicken until lightly browned. Do not crowd pieces of chicken, I brown them 4 at a time. After they are beautifully brown, put the next four in and brown them. You are NOT cooking them, only browning at this point!
- 3When all 8 cutlets have been browned, remove from pan and place aside in separate dish. Add garlic to the remains of butter/oil in the hot pan. Saute the mushrooms for 5-8 minutes. Once they are softly sauteed, add the chicken broth, the wine and the dried chopped chives.
- 4Simmer in a the large, deep skillet with lid until chicken,mushrooms and all is cooked; when the chicken juices run clear. Simmer
for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 5Cook the egg noodles according to package directions while your marsala chicken is cooking.
- 6Place a serving of noodles on each plate and pour Chicken Marsala over each one. Mangia!