Easy Chicken Florentine
This is good served with rice or linguini. They just need to follow the directions on the package of rice or pasta.
- 4 large
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 8 oz
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 small
- onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/2 pkg
- frozen chopped spinach, thawed and patted dry
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup, herb seasoned
- 1 c
- half & half or light cream
- 1/8 tsp
- ground nutmeg
How to Make Easy Chicken Florentine
- 1Wash and dry the chicken breasts, and season with salt and pepper. Place half the olive oil in a medium skillet and cook the chicken about 4 minutes on each side over medium heat. Remove to plate, cover with foil, and keep warm.
- 2Place the rest of the olive oil in the same skillet and heat over medium heat. Sautee the mushrooms and onions until well cooked and the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Sprinkle with the garlic powder.
- 3Add the spinach to the skillet and heat through until wilted. Stir in the soup, cream, and nutmeg, and blend well. Return the chicken breasts to the skillet and cover. Cook over low heat until chicken is done and flavors blend, about 8 minutes longer.