Easy Chicken Chimichangas
- 2 1/2 c
- cooked chicken (diced or shredded, whichever you prefer)
- 2/3 c
- 1/3 c
- sliced green onion
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c
- melted butter
- flour tortillas
How to Make Easy Chicken Chimichangas
- 1Combine the chicken, salsa, onion, cumin, oregano, and salt in a saucepan. Simmer about 5 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- 2Brush one side of a tortilla with butter. Flip the tortilla over and spoon about 1/3 cup of the mixture onto the tortilla. Top with cheese. Fold sides over and place seam side down into a 13x9 baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- 3Brush any remaining butter on the tortillas - I usually use a little more than the recipe calls for because we like them really crispy!
- 4Bake at 475 degrees anywhere from 15-25 minutes. The time will depend on how much butter you have used and how crispy you want your shells to get. Bake until they are crispy and golden.
To serve, we top with sour cream and salsa.