- 2-3 lb
- boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2
- large cans chicken broth
- celery stalks peeled and chopped course
- jar small pearl onions. juice drained
- stick of butter
- montreal chicken seasoning
- rottiserie chicken seasoning
- cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- cup of milk
- cans baby carrots
- cans peas
- tubes refrigerated biscuits
How to Make Easy Creamy Chicken and Dumplings
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients PLUS the seasonings into a large pot.(I peel the celery before coarsely chopping because it cooks and softens more easily without the outer skin) I dont measure the seasoning but a good guess would likely be about 1.5 tbspns ea.of the montreal seasoning and rottiserie added to broth. Salt and pepper? About a tsp salt and tsp pepper.
Cover and bring to boil, then turn down heat and cook about 30min or so til chicken is cooked thru.
There should be enough broth to cover chicken completely, if not ADD MORE! I'm bad with measuring! My grandmother never did and as a result neither do I! More of an eyeball it!
- 2Remove chicken from pot and shred with two forks. Continue to simmer remaining broth seasoning onion celery mix while shredding chicken.
You could cut chicken into bite sized pieces in lieu of shredding but I love it shredded!
- 3Add shredded chicken back into pot. Add in cream of chicken soups,milk, carrots and peas. Stir well.
Heres that bad with measuring thing again! If I need it alittle creamier..I will add ANOTHER can of cream of chicken OR cream of celery soup to this! eyeball it for your desired 'creaminess'!!
- 4Open refridge bisuits and cut each round into sixths. Drop into pot and cover. Try to have them not touch each other on initial drop in! They expand and will stick together. I just pop them around w a wooden spoon to seperate if that occurs.
Cook another 15/20min or so (depending on how many dumplings you put in!)About 7min for one layer of dumplings on top. (See Below!)
- 5The biscuits (dumplings) get shiny on outside and cook on inside. I usually cover entire top of pot with them, then mix them in after about 7min. I will then add more to top to cook (covered) because everyone loves them. It reheats well too in micro.