Easy Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
I think the key to a good Jambalaya is taste testing the broth the rice is cooked in. Rice will be extremely bland unless whatever it is cooked in is seasoned properly.
- rope of link sausage cut into thin round slices
- chopped bell pepper
- chopped onion
- 2 or 3 Tbsp
- small can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 c
- long grain rice
- 2 can(s)
- broth ( i use whatever i have on hand)
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- stalk finely chopped celery
- 1 c
How to Make Easy Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
- 1Combine broth and water and add seasoning such as salt, pepper, garlic and/or onion powder, etc. to taste. Bring the broth mixture to a boil and stir in the rice. Cover the pan and set heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes remove lid to see if most of the broth has been absorbed. If not, cover and cook a little longer.
- 2In a frying pan, add the EVO and sliced sausage. Stir the sausage until they start to slightly brown and add the onions, bell pepper, and celery. Stir fry the meat and veggies until the veggies are soft.
- 3Add a small can of tomato sauce and continue stir frying approx ten minutes. Be careful not to let the sauce burn.(Some people prefer not to add the tomato sauce. It is a matter of personal taste)
- 4When the meat and veggies are ready, mix the rice in with the meat. Gently mix until the rice is a reddish color.