Easiest Pressure Cooker Pot Roast and Gravy
- 4-6 lb beef roast (chuck, bottom round, etc)
- 1 pkg
- dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- smoked paprika (substitute with regular if necessary)
- bay leaf
- onion, chopped
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 4 c
- beef broth (substitute with beef bouillon and water if necessary)
- 2 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1/2 c
- hot water
How to Make Easiest Pressure Cooker Pot Roast and Gravy
- 1Trim fat from roast.
- 2In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, and paprika. Rub mixture into all sides of the meat.
- 3Place seasoned beef in pressure cooker. Add soup mix, onion, garlic, bay leaf and beef stock. Lock down lid and cook bring to 15 pounds pressure (high) for 50-60 minutes. Remove from heat and allow pressure to return to normal naturally. Open the cooker. Test the meat to see if it is tender and at least 140 degrees F in the center on an instant meat thermometer. If not, you can lock the lid back on and cook for another 5-10 minutes at 15 lbs.
- 4Remove meat and set aside to rest.
- 5Dissolve corn starch in 1/2 cup hot water. Bring liquid in the pressure cooker pan to a boil. Whisking constantly or using an immersion blender, slowly add cornstarch water mixture, continuing to whisk/blend. Reduce hit and simmer, whisking/stirring constantly until gravy reaches desired consistency.