Dutch's Easy-Easy Steamship Round of Beef or...How to feed 400+ and not weep while doing it.
Now add 30 Dental College volunteers that wish nothing more than to matriculate and actively join this group.
Add in five Filipino executives that made the trip to aid and abet. Five Japanese small groups to cook Japanese, Chinese and Thai foods. Let's say the Bill of Fare looks like this:
Roast Steamship Round of Beef
1/4Lb Jumbo Hot Dogs
Grandma's Potatoes (Recipe among my others, here)
Japanese "Yaki-Tori" Grilled Chicken on a stick
Japanese Curried Chicken "Udon" Noodles
Japanese Deep Fried Sweet Potato Balls
Thai Egg Rolls
Chinese Grilled Chicken
Philippine "Halo Halo" an Ice Cream float like Dessert
American Chocolate Fountain from "ChocoFantasy" for the many kiddies.
And to wash that all down! A full service bar from the Windjammer Jazz Cocktail Lounge and Frozen "MangoRitas"~"CalamansiRitas" from Cebu.
Last, add the 350+ hungry friends and supporters of this group and fine weather.
- the captions on the pictures tell the story
How to Make Dutch's Easy-Easy Steamship Round of Beef or...How to feed 400+ and not weep while doing it.
- 1FIRST, ice down the beer and test a few to see that they're suitable for the guests...Fire up the charcoal for the LaCaja China Box that will be used to roast the Steamship Round.
- 2Get the bars set up, test the drinks to make sure all ingredients are fresh, make necessary adjustments and re-test.
- 3Boil and mash up 60# of potatoes, then "Sauce" them and put in an electric roaster for serving.
- 4Get the burgers and jumbo dogs going, toast all buns...Check bars again to make sure drink consistancy is being maintained.
- 5Pull Steamship Round, hang it and start carving.
- 6Fill plates with the aforementioned and move the herd to the Asian foods. Check bar to see if they have enough of everything. Have a beer or three to hydrate.
- 7Pour the molten chocolate into the fountain and put out the plates of Dippers. Try to hold back the onslaught. Give up and have a beer.
- 8Take a break at this time and have a much deserved beer...CLEAN-UP looms!
- 9Thank the guests as they leave, gather the volunteers and direct them in what things have to be cleaned, packed-up and loaded.
- 10Take all garbage to the waiting truck, then have a beer. it's still HOT!
- 11Discuss and make plans for next year, GO HOME, shower and collapse! LOL
- 13We had a terrific time!