4boneless, skinless chicken breasts. cooked and chopped
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s)cream of celery soup
7 ozcan chopped green chiles
1 smallonion, finely chopped
13 ozbag of salsa verde doritos, crushed (nacho cheese flavor also works well)
1 can(s)rotel, drained
8 ozextra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
8 ozcolby jack cheese, grated
How to Make Dorito Casserole
- Boil chicken until cooked. Cool and chop into bite size pieces. I usually add some garlic and onion powder to the boiling water to give the chicken some extra flavor.
- While chicken is cooking combine soups, chiles, onion and rotel. Add 1 soup can of milk to the soup mixture to thin.
- Combine both kinds of cheese in a small bowl.
- Take a 9x13 baking dish and a layer ingredients, crushed doritos, soup, chicken, cheeses. Repeat ending with a cheese layer.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until cheese is browned and soup mixture is bubbly.
- We like to eat this over a bed of chopped lettuce along with salsa and sour cream.