- 1/2 c
- dijon mustard
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper
- skinned and boned chicken breasts halfs
- 1/2 pt
- whipping cream
- 1/2 c
- flour for coating
- 1/4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- pat of butter or smart start
- chopped green onions
- 1/4 c
- chopped parsley
- 1 c
- cooked white rice
How to Make Dijon Chicken and Rice
- 1Using mallet, flatten chicken breast halves to make them thin. Set aside on plate.
Add flour, salt and pepper to a flat plate. Put Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Set both next to the plate holding the chicken for easy preparation.
Cook rice and set aside to stay warm. Add salt, pepper and butter to taste for your preference.
Heat olive oil and butter in large skillet to a medium heat.
Pick up the chicken breast and lightly coat the chicken on both sides with the Dijon mustard. I like to use the back of a spoon as it makes for a light coat. Then, place the chicken in the flour to lightly cover both sides. Place chicken in skillet and saute about 4 minutes on each side, being sure that the chicken has cooked thoroughly with a light brown color. Add the garlic to the pan just before removing the chicken to soften. Remove the chicken to a warmed plate, or place in preheated 200 degree oven to keep warm. Do not drain skillet, leaving the garlic in the pan.
- 2Add the 1/2 pint of whipping cream to the skillet, stirring constantly to incorporate the chicken particles and garlic. As it begins to bubble, add the remaining Dijon mustard and parsley. Stir until all mustard has melted and has been incorporated into the cream. At this point, taste for seasoning.
- 3Remove chicken from the warmed plate and add each chicken breast to the skillet containing the Dijon mustard sauce. Spoon sauce over chicken to incorporate the flavors for about 2 minutes. Turn heat off and prepare plates for serving.
On warmed dinner plates, add 1/2 cup cooked rice, place a chicken halve on top, and add a little of the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the chopped green onion.
Serve with your favorite green vegetable.