☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 lbboneless chicken (breasts or thighs, your choice)
2 Tbspsour cream
2 Tbspdijon mustard
·sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
·flour (enough for dredging chicken)
How to Make Diabetic Chicken Cutlets with Pesto Cream Sauce
- Tenderize chicken breasts/thighs with wooden mallet
- Dredge tenderized chicken breasts/thighs in flour.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet
- Fry breasts/thighs on medium to high heat for about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Remove breasts/thighs from pan and set aside.
- Pour oil from skillet, leaving just a little coating on pan.
- Add sour cream, Dijon mustard and pesto to the skillet. (Amounts of the above ingredients can be adjusted for taste.)
- Lower heat to medium and heat mixture, stirring constantly, until smooth and color is fairly consistent.
- Place breasts/thighs which you had set aside in the skillet with the sour cream and mustard mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve with steamed broccoli, baked potato, and mild red wine.