- cooked chicken-i happened to have a thigh and a breast
- 1/2 pkg
- egg noodles-or whatever kind of pasta you have
- 1 can(s)
- cream soup-mine was chicken
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 c
- frozen spinach-drained and squeezed
- 5 oz
- cheddar cheese-didn't have grated so raided the sandwich stock and diced it.
- 1 c
- milk-you may need more or less-up to you.
- seasonings-i used salt and lemon pepper, minced onion, parsley and celery flakes but again, it's your taster and your cubboard!
How to Make Desperation Chicken Casserole
- 1Cook your noodles according to package directions. Be sure to add salt to the water and don't overcook.
- 2Cut the chicken into chunks. Drain and squeeze the spinach til dry, then break it into small sections over the chicken. Add all your seasonings.
- 3Warm the soup, milk, and cheese until the cheese melts. Remove from stove and add the mayo and sour cream. Stir til smooth and mixed. Add cooked noodles to chicken mixture. Pour soup mixture over it and gently stir.
Spoon into a casserole dish, cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. You may wish to add a crumb or cheese topping-again, your choice.
(PS-he came home from golfing so hungry he could have eaten the bowl, but said he really liked it! Success!)